Saturday, June 30, 2007

Where have I been?

It's been a busy few weeks - the highlight of which was finding out my DH was offered a great job in the midwest! We'll be moving from DC to Indiana in the next month and we're very excited. But there is a lot to do between now and then...

Here is what I've been working on, though.



I saw these darling dresses on Penny's blog and she was sweet enough to send me the patterns. I've never embriodered before but I'm finding this to be lots of fun. I'm going to make them into a wallhanging for my mom, and I think she'll like them! Thanks again, Penny for sending along these fabulous patterns!

I also just completed this top for an online swap. A few weeks ago I posted that I received 12 blocks in the mail from my partner. My job was to use those blocks and my stash to make a top and send it back. I hope she likes it!! I had fun working with the bright colors.

8 comments:

Julia said...

I love the little dresses, so sweet. Can't wait to see the finished wallhanging. I have been seeing lots of hand embroidery on several of the blogs that I read and it makes me want to do some.

What a fun, bright quilt. I am sure that she will love it.

Judith said...

I just love the quilt.
Also the little dresses are cute.

Marla said...

Love the quilt. It is so bright and cheery!

Rose Marie said...

Such a sweet quilt! So bright and cheery.

Floss said...

Love the little dresses, they will make a lovely wall hanging.

The quilt is very bright and cheery, make me think of a summer day.

Unknown said...

I love your dresses. You sure have a busy time ahead moving to Indiana.

Mary Johnson said...

How cute! My mom makes a lot of baby quilts to donate and I love this pattern.

Little Penpen said...

Wow, girl you have been busy!!!! I am impressed that you have so many dresses done already. I have three more to go! Hope to finish them this week while we are vacationing at the beach. Yours are gorgeous.