Sunday, June 3, 2007

Creamsicles

My online group did an orange and cream swap a while ago, which inspired me to make this top:


This is my first two color quilt, ever! I think it needs another row, so that it is 4 blocks by 5, rather than 3 X 5, but I'm not sure what to do with it after that...any suggestions for a border?

I also have these blocks to work with from a swap. My partner sent me 12 blocks, which I will assemble into a top and send back to her. I've been playing with the layout a bit, but I haven't decided on anything yet.



Probably not the barn raising:


But maybe one of these two (I'll make 4 more blocks to complete the designs)


7 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Hi Joanna

I left you an email about the 50's dress patterns. Look for it, okay?

Pam said...

I like the creamsicle quilt - very pretty colours. I agree that it should be 4x5 instead of 3x5.

The bright coloured blocks are really nice as well. It is an interesting swap -your partner made the blocks and then send them to you to set them into a quilt and then you send them back? Did you send her blocks as well? Do you add anything else to the quilt?

JoAnna said...

Hey Pam, I figured I should respond here too because you asked such great questions! The swap goes like this...each person sends up to 12 blocks to their partner (most of us sent orphans or UFOs that we are stumped with). You then have a few weeks to do whatever you want with the blocks (including add to them) and then send back a finished top to your partner.

I just decided this moment to go with the last design, except instead of the HST thingys in the corners, I think I will applique (or peice) flowers and then do a corresponding border...maybe...

Wendy said...

The 2 colour quilt is great, I would agree to add another row. The swap looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

sara, the house of charm said...

I'm enjoying the pattern in the second picture! has a nice harliquin feel.

Nicole said...

It does look like a creamscicle! In the old days, that shade of gold was called "cheddar" I think.

Susan H. said...

I like the second picture also. The unusual "diamond" pattern does have a harlequin feel.