Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Drooling on the new fabric...

It's a good thing I'm a rabid pre-washer. Not only does it force me to actually do laundry, but sometimes my drool ends up all over the pretty new fabric. My Moda Sunshine arrived today and it's so lovely. The paisleys are just the prettiest thing I've ever seen!

WARNING! Purchasing this fabric line is contagious!! (Thank you, Nancy for the shout out!) I agree with you that I'll purchase from Desperate Quilters again. They sent me tea!

Ok...less talking. More pictures! This is the entire haul:

And the Sunshine line that started the whole thing.

In addition to the tea, they sent me a bunch of free Moda patterns and some adorable Moda U postcards with block instructions on the back. The best is the back of their business card which has handy info on FQs:

I also purchased a FQ assortment of Moda Barefoot Batiks. The flip flops were just too adorable to pass up, and I adore the sea turtles.

Finally, a quilt blogger pointed out a chili pepper sale at Sew Thankful last week, and I had to get some for my DH.

So that is my fabric binge shopping. I really, really, really am going on a fabric diet for the rest of 07. This is the most fabric I've ever bought at once and I swear I have projects in mind for most of it.

Plus, I've had tonsillitis, so I totally deserve it, right??

11 comments:

Pam said...

Oh -- such a great bunch of fabric you have. I love the Moda Sunshine fabric. I think I need some too :))

My husband says I suffer from "Fabric Envy" I think he might be right -- LOL

jovaliquilts said...

All that fabric is great, but I totally love the batiks! And I have several chili pepper fabrics, but only one that's in your photo. Guess I better catch up!
Cheri

Unknown said...

I love the Moda sunshine, the colors are just great, I am sure you have many projects in mind for them.

Lisa D. said...

Quite the haul! What beautiful fabrics, too. Cheers from a fellow "rabid pre-washer." lol

Greenmare said...

you totaly deserve it!
you should have gotten some ice cream prints to help your sore throat too!

Darlene said...

Beautiful, beautiful fabric. I used quite a few pieces of Sunshine for my Night and Noon quilt recently. It's a beautiful line of fabric. The others you purchases are fabulous as well.

I hope you're feeling much better!

Rose Marie said...

I'm envious ... I only have a jelly roll of Sunshine fabrics! Darn.

Unknown said...

Oh,Oh, the Moda bug is catching! I just bought some as well. After so many nice new fabrics, I bet the fabric diet won´t be that hard! I wish you all the best with your tonsillitis. Take care.

Sue said...

Great fabrics! I'm trying so hard to use up some in my stash, but seeing fabric always makes me want to buy more!

Little Penpen said...

Pretty fabrics! I'm sure you will make something gorgeous with it. Sorry you've been sick. Thank you for the sweet gift package you sent to me.... I love Mary Engelbreit and the bookmark was gorgeous. Did you make it? I did not expect anything in return, but I was thrilled to receive it!

Jenni said...

I'm an Anti- Fabric Diet person. I plot and plan to get 'more' fabric not less. But I must admit to selling a bit on ebay recently to make room for some more...