Friday, June 1, 2007

Enjoying the process

I'm really in a slow quilty mood lately, and I'm enjoying it. Taking my time and enjoying the quilting process just as much as the finished project. This mindset started when I joined an online group and began swapping blocks and tops with other quilters. While I couldn't ever slow down and make the quilt lovely for myself, I didn't want to ever send along substandard work to friends.

Quilt Pixie has a wonderful thought on this today as well...

Here's an interesting idea from a comment in my self expressions course that I hadn't thought of:

keep in mind as you're creating: It's not whether you like the piece or not - liking it is a bonus - creating it is the journey and what you learn from that and what you take forward.

Brilliant!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad you found something you liked :-)

I too have more often than I like to admit it, got caught up in the frenzy of making, rather than enjoying the process of creating. Hope your muse and you are enjoying each other's company as you slow down and spend time together...