Thursday, July 5, 2007

Row Robin

I worked on a very fun row robin this weekend. The owner of the row asked that we just make blocks and not attach them, but I've laid them all out for you to see. She sent along some fabrics that were LOTS of fun to use - all black, white and bright pink. I used some stuff from my stash, but didn't have much wild and crazy fabric to add. Fortunately, working with the stuff she sent was so much fun. The black and white optical illusion stuff was my favorite.

These are my blocks:

And the whole thing so far...

9 comments:

Sweet P said...

ooooooh . . . I like those blocks. You're right those fabrics do look like a lot of fun.

Julia said...

What a cute quilt. I really like the color combinations. It is so cheery, who could be sad around it!! *VBS*

Floss said...

What a cherry quilt. Round robins can be so much fun.

Unknown said...

This quilt is very lively, it brings a smile on your face.

Susan said...

That is one of the great things about row quilts. You get to try on other people's fabric ideas. This one is going to be great......

Samantha said...

Those blocks are all so much fun- I love the bathing suit!

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness, the lil' bathing suit block is SO cute! :)

I tagged you to do a meme if you'd like to - you can copy and paste it from my blog! :)

jovaliquilts said...

Very cool -- such a fun one! I agree, that optical illusion fabric is pretty terrific.
Cheri

Babs said...

That's MY quilt! I made the bathing suit...I'm still showing off the blocks to people and they LOVE them! That was the funnest RR I've ever done. I am hoping to get the top actually put together soon! Every time I look through the blocks I can't stop smiling and laughing :)