Saturday, May 26, 2007

Yearly Recommended Dose of Purple

I've had a diverse quilty day. I started by purchasing 2 yards of this darling black and white fabric for a FQ swap.












I also worked a bit on all purple blocks for row robin. I'm not really a purple kind of girl, so this was new to me. After making 4 all purple blocks, I feel as if I have met my yearly quota for the color. :)




Finally, I did a bit of hand quilting on my queen-size bed quilt. I'm using wool batting for the first time and am really enjoying it. I think it is fairly forgiving and shows the quilting really well. It's just very comfy-looking. I figure I can reasonably quilt 7-8 blocks per week, so I should (could) be done by the end of the year...


4 comments:

Jenni said...

Done by the end of the year??? You have more patience than I'll ever have.

jovaliquilts said...

I just have to say -- there's purple and then there's PURPLE. It's easy to overdose on one, easy to live with the other. But maybe purple is to you like pink is too me -- only ok in small doses!
Cheri

Valerie said...

Lol* I LOVE purple! I'm totally a purply pink typa girl. But, I also love earthy homey thimbleberries tones too. I like it all I guess! The blocks look great, and I especially love the cute lil' basket block - I think I'll have to make a purpley one now after seeing yours! So cute! :)

The Calico Cat said...

nice quilting...