Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ugly FQ and scrap bag swaps.

For the past week, I have been working on two swaps for internet groups that I am in. The first was a scrap bag swap where my partner sent me scraps she no longer wanted and I was charged with making them into a project. Fortunately, my partner has an amazing stash, and she sent me the lovliest fabric, which I turned into this wall hanging:




I am sending this back to my partner on Monday. I hope she likes it!

The second swap I have been working on was an ugly FQ swap. My partner sent me the ugliest FQ in her stash so that I could turn it into a "swan". This is the fabric I received:



At first I didn't think the fabric was too ugly. (We had bonded.) But gradually, the ugliness came to the surface and I realized what a challenge this would be. I decided to make simple coasters and tried to chose fabrics that kept to the ugly theme. When I was done, I made a ribbon with the leftover ugly fabric and tied the 4 coasters up into a special package of ugliness. Did I make a swan? I guess we'll find out if my partner likes them soon!







No comments: