Thursday, May 24, 2007

NZ Travel quilt

For my 30th (!) birthday in March, I went to New Zealand for a couple of weeks with my DH. It was an amazing trip and I hope to write a post just about the trip soon. While we were walking around Auckland, we passed this building which (of course) reminded me of HSTs. I knew as soon as I saw it that I would have to make it into a quilt.


I picked up fabrics all over New Zealand and here is the Auckland building quilt in progress (on my classy design floor). As it gets further along I'll take photos of the gorgeous batiks I found that you can't see very well in this photo.

6 comments:

Kim West said...

great quilt - great inspiration!!!

SuBee said...

Welcome to Q4P and Blog world! The building in Auckland is a stitch! How funny - a quilted building; I love it. Hand quilting a queenie is quite an ambitious project - good for you!

Pam said...

Hello and welcome to Q4P. That is an amazing building. What a great idea to make a wall hanging of the building.

I wonder why the building has half square triangles on it? What is in the building? Are the triangles windows? Fasinating :))

Jenni said...

Very nice, and cool building. It's amazing how many quilt designs there are out there! Welcome to blogland.

jovaliquilts said...

I love the building and I love that you are making it into a quilt. It's terrific! Welcome to Q4P. I'm new myself and have found it to be a very welcoming group!
Cheri

jovaliquilts said...

Hey, JoAnna - Since you don't have your email in your profile, I'm posting a reply here to a comment you left on my blog about bunny ears. Have you ever seen the amazing quilts Noriko Endo makes from scraps no bigger than tiny bunny ears: http://www.apqs.com/quilternorikoendo.htm . In 50 years you might have enough to make one of those!

Cheri