Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Summer Wallhanging

My new apartment building has a lot of spirit! There are 4 units in my building and 3 front doors were decorated. You might have guessed that I, the new girl, was ruining the neighborhood. So, we've been here one week and one day now and I've made some decoration for our front door....what do you think?


I used the Moda Barefoot Batiks I purchased in my post-tonsillitis euphoria. I am a little nervous that its too...risque? Too loud? I've met the two older ladies that live here and they are very sweet and seem fun. The other unit is a younger couple with a little girl. This is on my front door, so it announces who I am (and I guess it speaks for my DH, too??). What does this say?

It was fun to make and I really like it (perhaps why I've posted 3 pictures of it) but now I am getting nervous. Is it like hanging my underclothes out for everyone to see? It's cute, right? Not indecent?

5 comments:

Julia said...

It is absolutely adorable!!!! Did you use a pattern, if so, where can I get it? My 5 year old granddaughter LOVES flip flops, this would make such a fun summer quilt for her.

Andrea said...

I like it! If I saw this on your door it would tell me 1.you are a quilter and 2. you have a good sense of humour ! Both great things !

jovaliquilts said...

You can live next door to me anytime. I'd love a neighbor with some spirit! Definitely a fun fun fun door hanging.
Cheri

Sweet P said...

Your wallhanging is adorable. I think it's perfect for you and your door.

Floss said...

The hanging is so cute, I would hang it on my door.