Friday, August 3, 2007

Hot! Hot! Hot!

It's about to get warmer here in Indiana. So, I think it's a perfect day to stay inside and work on a hot pepper quilt. It's going to be a very loud quilt for my DH. Because the fabrics are so busy, I 've chosen a simple pattern.My cat, Bernie wanted to get in on the cutting action.

I tend to end up with the dreaded "v" when I cut a lot of strips, so I decided to fold along the selvage edge, rather than selvage to selvage. It's harder for me to figure out how to fold it properly along the cut lines that might not be straight. This method seemed to work well.
200 squares cut (with Bernie's help!)


Here is a preview....more to come!

10 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Hope your cat didn't burn his tongue or get chili juice in his eyes! ;)

I have 5 or 6 chili pepper fabrics and was thinking of making a table runner for taco nights, but those fabrics certainly make a warm (hot?!) quilt.

Cheri

Nicole said...

I love the chili pepper fabrics! Those colors are great together!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love the bright colors. Looks like the kitties are getting in on the action.

Jenni said...

Looking good, and the cats dont' seem too worried by the heat, or are you airconditioned?

Beertje Zonn said...

Hello Joanna

Here in the Netherlands rain to day!
And wat a lovely fabrics.
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

Unknown said...

Yes this looks hot. I am not much for hot stuff like chili but on a fabric it would be ok.

Rose Johnston said...

Beautiful fabrics!!! a bit hot for me!! lol

Floss said...

The fabrics are so cheerful.
So nice to have a furry helper

Unknown said...

Love the fabrics! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Kitties always gotta help. What sweeties you have. Fun bright fabrics too.